Plans for Equipment
Over the years, Mel has drawn up plans for various castings in CAD. These plans are now available for purchase in printed form, from a third-party firm. Please visit their site for more details…
1. flatcar1 -- This is a plan drawing for the flatcars. It is also used as
a plan for the under frame for other cars as all the cars were similar.
2. bodcast -- This is a drawing of the castings for the body of the flat car.
(center castings, stake pockets, etc.)
3. dgdtail -- This is a drawing of the draft gear, showing details.
4. frtaxle1 -- This drawing shows our axle for the freight cars.
It is used with our scale wheels, not IBLS.
5. frtbkbem -- Detail drawing of freight car brake beam and parts
6. frtbolsp -- Detail drawing of the wood parts of a plain bolster truck.
Truck bolster and spring plank.
7. frtciron -- Detail drawing of the strap iron parts of the flatcar.
8. frtrk1 -- Drawing of the plain bolster truck with body mounted brake beams.
9. frtrk1x -- Drawing of the plain bolster truck with parts call out.
10. frtsiron -- Drawing of the strap iron parts for a plain bolster truck.
11. frttrrod -- Detail drawings of the truss rods.
12. ftcarstr -- Detail drawing of the wood stringers for the flatcar under frame.
13. ftcarwd -- Detail drawing of the other wood parts for the flatcar.
14. trkcast -- Drawing of the castings for a plain bolster truck
15. BRAKES -- This drawing is the general brake arrangement for the freight cars.
16. BRAKEHEAD -- This drawing is of the brake head and brake shoe castings that
I have designed. We are working with Stan Rutledge to have castings made.
17. BRAKWHL -- This drawing shows the brake wheel and other parts for the handbrake.
18. FTBKPART -- Drawings of the body mounted brake levers for both passenger and
freight cars. Also shown are truck mounted levers for freight and passenger cars.
19. FTKBK -- Drawing shows the brake beam mounting. Also shows the truck frame
details for truck mounted brake system.
20. FTTKBKDG -- Drawing shows the truck brake lever arrangement. Also shows
detail drawings for the lever and brackets.
Shay Truck Drawings
1. wshaytk1 -- This is a drawing of the new trucks for Shay #4.
2. SBRAKE1 -- Shows brake parts and layout of the Shay truck.
3. SDETAIL1 -- Shows a section view of the wheels and journal bearings.
Also the bolster assembly.
4. SHAYPTS1 -- Shay journal boxes.
5. SHAYPTS2 -- Shows axle, pinion shafts, spacers, and modifications to
the Boston Gear Works gears.
6. SHAYPTS3 -- Bolster parts.
7. SIRONPT1 -- Shows strap iron parts.
8. STKPTS2 -- More strap iron parts and the center castings.
9 STRKFRAM -- Top view of the truck frame strap iron.
1. pascar1 -- Plan drawing of coach 23.
2. pascar2 -- Drawing of coach 23
16. swstand -- Drawing of our switch stand.
17. swstpts1 -- Parts drawing of the switch stand. (NOT COMPLETE)
19. wheelfnl -- Detail drawing of our 20" scale wheel.
20. whlrail2 -- Detail drawing of our wheel and rail standards.
Drawing of #24 trailer truck
1. 24TRTK1 -- This is the trailer truck for #24. Jim and I designed
the truck for the engine he is building for Tom.
2. 24CENPIN -- Parts drawing.
3. 24FRFMJB -- Trunk frame parts.
4. 24SWLKPT -- Journal box and swing links.
5. 24TKSPEQ -- Hangers.
Updated as of 10 / 16 / 09